Praying for the Candidates

Today, I pray for our nation. I want you to pray too. We often hear that we are to pray daily for our nation, for our leadership and for those who will make decisions on our behalves. But, today, I really feel like now is really time for prayer.

In a few short weeks, our nation will go to the polls. In this closely contested race on the national level - for the commander-in-chief position, the proverbial claws have come out - on both sides - from those who claim to know and love the Lord.

So, what can we do? How will we choose? Well, I've already got my mind made up based on the issues that matter to me and I'm praying for my candidate. But, I do ask for prayer now for those whose minds are yet to be made up. I pray that they don't fall for the "okey-doke" from these campaigns - I pray that when they vote that they will stay focused on the issues that make a difference in their lives.

So, I pray today for state and local as well as national candidates. They all deserve our prayers and I pray that they will all follow after God's leadership. That would be a welcome change!

One Response so far.

  1. Amen! I am praying too. This is a vital time in our history!
    Much love,
    Angela