Do Something New!

Now, this is cold weather. It is 2 degrees celcius. That’s real cold for a chick from North Carolina. I have the proper gear of course – dressed head to toe in warmth but you still have to go outside! In Europe, lots of walking (and bike riding) is done. In Erlangen, the same is true. We park far and walk long. And, parking is at a premium. But, I’m not complaining. I need the exercise – especially after I ate all of that GREAT bread last night.

Who would have thought that I would be spending so much time in Germany? I once dated an American soldier who dreamed of being stationed in Germany. We were standing in line at a restaurant, and he initiated a conversation with the family standing next to us. That’s where I learned how badly he wanted to be stationed in Germany. He told them that WE would be stationed there soon. That he had put in the paperwork for it. The husband and wife at that time said, “Wow – Germany!” They talked about it more and more and the more real it became, the blood must have flown out of my face because the husband looked at me and said, “Well, she doesn’t look so sure about Germany.” Who would have ventured to guess that now, I would be on my fifth trip since 2007 – things have a way of working themselves out.

So, why have I told you all of this about cold weather and Germany?

I want to get you to think about broadening your territory.

It’s easy to do the run-of-the-mill things. It’s harder to break from your routine and experience something new. So, today, I ask that you do just that. Do something new today that you’ve never done before. And, I believe that you will find the break from your routine rewarding. Pray about what to do – then do it!

And lastly, share with us bloggers here! We want to know too!

God Bless,
sk