On Trusting God

Okay bloggy world, it's Friday! I know I've been scant recently having only posted three times this week, but I've been trying to meet a work deadline - which I did, praise the Lord - and I've had a few health troubles -but, God is working them out. I just don't know about this North Carolina heat, whew! It's wearing me out!

Good news and "bad" news - I finally have an accurate knee diagnosis - well, preliminary diagnosis. And, I feel pretty confident that it's the right diagnosis, I just hope that it does not require surgery, which at this point has not been taken off the table. That's the "bad" news. I don't get down with the cutting. No sireeee!

I've been blessed to never have been hospitalized and I'm really not trying to break that streak, ya know! But, God is going to work this out. I'm trusting Him that whatever He chooses to do in this situation will be absolutely perfect. He IS God afterall.

And, that brings me to my topic today of trusting God. It's a lot easier said than done - oh, come on and walk with me. Trusting Someone that you cannot see or touch, and Someone that others even question His reality, is something that you have to grow into. Now, when I was growing up, I knew of God and His Son Jesus. When I got a little older, I began to know a tiny bit more. But when I placed myself in a position to sit still and really know the Lord, ah - that's when I developed relationship with Him and began to know Him. It's hard to trust someone when you only know bits and pieces of information about them. You may trust them with small things, but not the things that really impact you in a significant way. For instance, you may know your neighbor that lives a few doors or houses away and based on that, you may have them over to your house and share a meal. But, if you don't really know your neighbor, then when it gets time for you to leave and need someone to water the plants in your house, and watch over things, you likely wouldn't put that same neighbor in charge having not really known them. See what I mean?

It gets difficult to let others in if you don't know them that well. But, when you establish relationship with that person, then it's not even a question. You know that person's nature and you trust them with all that you have. And, that's how it should be with God. You should get to know Him enough to trust Him with all that you have because really, it's all His anyway, but that's another blog post.

When you get serious about really knowing and trusting God, expect for other things to pop up. Your adversary will make sure that it's not easy for you to sit and study your Bible. He will make sure that you are not able to really stay in prayer for long because you'll start getting sleepy or somebody will need something. But, I encourage you to press your way and stay there in study and prayer. You'll be blessed because of it. And, you will develop a more intimate relationship with the lover of your soul. Then, trusting God will become easy!

Have a great holiday weekend!

Beams Blog Footer 3