Fly, Fly, Fly!

I have an appreciation for birds. I get that from my dad. He and his aunt Sarah were into bird-watching. I think that what I really marvel at is a bird's ability to fly. I look at their bodies and then their wingspans and they just simply fly!

If I were to flap my equivalent - my arms - then gravity would surely pull me down. But, birds, they just do it. They have sense to know when to go out into the elements and when to stay in shelter. Birds get it. That's cool.

Yesterday, I was flying - in a metal bird some 30,000 + feet high in the sky ... over a major body of water. We hit a lot of turbulence. I'm happy that I am a seasoned flyer or I may have had a tendency to be a bit scared. But, we got jostled around for a good while. Even the pilot told us that we would have to just go through it - he couldn't go around it.

Turbulence - or rough air as the industry calls it now, comes. But when we are experienced, we notice the roughness, but we are not consumed by it - we are not afraid of it. And, that's how it is with seasoned Christians. They trust God to get them through. Even though it may be rough going with the things that they are dealing with, they have confidence and trust in God. They sit back in their seat within their "spiritual bird," knowing that even though they are being jostled about, and that they are high above the ground where falling is not an option (or either a deadly option), they are not fretting. They are trusting.

To the seasoned Christians, keep on trusting. Fly, fly, fly!

One Response so far.

  1. Phenita says:

    Thank you so much for writing fly,fly,fly. As a Christian I sometimes forget that God has my back in every situation, and all I have to do is trust in him and allow him to have full control of the situation, he has never let me down.