A God-paced Life

Give time enough time to do its work


We rush too much. Want things to happen too quickly. You're probably wanting me to get to the point right now! We suffer from what John Ortberg calls "hurry sickness." We live in a microwave society. We want things fast ... and now. However, we must realize that walking hand-in-hand with God means loosing hand with the worldly driven fast-paced life. Instead, we have to grab hold of the God-paced life and not go ahead of Him.   


Just because I want a homemade cake doesn't mean that one will automatically appear. If I want a homemade cake, I'm going to need to bake it myself. That means I have to go to the store, buy ingredients, drive back home, unpack the ingredients and put them into a bowl. Then I'll have to pour the combined ingredients into a mold of some kind. And still yet, after I've pre-heated my oven, which takes time, I still have to wait for the cake to bake. Things take time. Things we want take time. There is a time element to all that we are. 


When we were knitted and formed in our mother's womb, it took time. Time for us to move from a cell to multiple cells. Time for our limbs to grow and develop. Time for our little bodies to gain enough weight. And when we were done, it still took time for our mothers to deliver us. We cannot escape time. So, why do we rush it away? Perhaps it is because we have the wrong perspective on time. We want things in man's time. But God wants to provide for us in His time. 


If we really thirst after a God-paced life, we have to invest in time. Although it may be a hidden desire of our heart, we will not go to bed a spiritual infant and wake up a Super Saint, no matter how much we may will it to be so. It just does not authentically happen. It takes time to read and study. It takes time for God to reveal Himself in all the ways that He will when we will make the time for Him. 


In order to have a God-paced life, we have to give our lives to Christ, and allow Him the time to work on our hearts. We have to study our Bible so that we can begin to know Who it is that we intend to serve. We have to be serious about our Christian growth and not hot one week and cold the next. As much as I may want to absorb the Bible's content by osmosis, it just ain't gonna happen. It takes time - daily effort of reading, studying and applying for it all to sink in and become relevant in my personal life. Do you have the time to walk hand-in-hand with your Creator? Or does the quick pace of your life require all the attention you can muster?


Consider this - God's pace will help you win the race. Have a fantastic, God-paced weekend. 

Copyright Beams of Light Ministries

One Response so far.

  1. LisaShaw says:

    Amen! Well said Sanya and I'm glad to visit with you this evening!

    Beautiful site you have here! I look forward to getting to know you and thanks for your recent visit to one of my blogs!

    Blessings!