Slow down the pace

Getting proper rest is important. Yet, it is the one thing that we tend to neglect. We "get by" on fewer and fewer hours of sleep per night while we are busy multi-tasking and saving the world. Well, I for one am quite tired of the race. And, it's not because I'm having difficulty with it - it's just that I am getting to the point now that some things just don't matter as much as they used to. I'm getting to the point now where I would much prefer to slow things down a notch.

I'm not ready to retire, but I am ready to move out of the "fast lane" into the middle lane beside it. I'll roll in the middle for awhile. Not too fast - not too slow. In visiting with my doctors, talking with my friends, and assessing the dark circles underneath my eyes, a slow down is in order. I want to "smell the roses."

I read in a book that we get consumed with saving time and maximizing our days. Every "symptom"/warning signal that this book described, I had it. And, well, that's not a good thing! So, slowing down will be the prescription for me.

And maybe, you should take a look at your world too. If it seems that you are always on the go, running here and there, giving your all in your selected activity to the point that when you get home you simply do not have any energy for another thing, well, slowing down maybe the treatment plan for you.

A first step for me today, (knowing that I was exhausted from the weekend excitement, activity and travel, I flew back, went into the office to work on a special project and have been rolling non-stop since), is going to be to dial it all back a bit and kick my feet up on the couch and relax.

I bet your couch would love a visit too!

2 Responses so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    Atta Girl! Knowing when to say when is one of the toughest lessons ever!

  2. So true girl! Slowing down is a good thing. I really have been feeling it too. I was so glad to know we don't have anything until tomorrow afternoon going on and it is a break for me. That is a blessing.
    Much love,
    Angela