He is Amazing!

Walt Disney World is amazing. Lots of good things to be a part of. Lots of fun to be had. The technology that goes into that amusement park is thrilling, as well as the sheer attention to detail. Wonderful!

It’s funny how we can look at a place like Disney and see right off the wonder and the fantasy created there. It’s all man-made. We can compare achievements. We can say, well, that must have taken a long time or that must have taken much effort because we can compare what it would have cost us in terms of time, knowledge and resources.

However, I would like to take this time to point out the obvious.

We pay loads of attention to man-made things. But, I want you to consider the God-made things.

We can start with nature. We can count the rings in a tree trunk to know how long its been around. But, what about thinking about how the tree came to be – the number of species – the sheer majesty of a huge tree towering above you, cooling you on a hot, sunny day. It’s wonderful. God created that – marvel at the attention to detail- both inside and outside of the tree.

I can only think about my food supply. I love to eat. God created the good things that I ingest. Have you ever been to a farm? Have you ever been around food-harvesters? Do you know how food gets from the field to the dining table? It’s amazing.

My maternal grandfather was a farmer. My other grandfather, does farming in his oversized garden. Each year, he plants a variety of things. And, before the hard frost, I go up to his home and help him get the sweet potatoes out of the ground. We’ve done it for three years now. There is something rewarding about gathering food that you will eat. It’s amazing.

God has left us with amazing things to behold. I can only hope that we will examine His majesty by looking at His creation. He’s better than technology, better than best. He’s God.