Love, the Greatest Gift!

Here Comes the Bride
All dressed in white
Dah dee dah dee dee
I don’t know the rest of the song…

Good news. A childhood friend of mine is getting married in October. I am throwing her a Bridal Shower this weekend. YAY!

I think we are going to have a blast. I’ve got games prepared, gifts to give and love to share. I can only remember the middle school days – boy, we’ve come a long way!

One thing that I like about this bride is that she is not bridezilla in the least. She is planning a small, private event with just those that mean the most to her and her groom. She’s not interested in what can become the spectator side of a wedding. No huge frills – just the main event – the proclamation of enduring love before God and the families.

I think that our society has gotten to happy with those lavish weddings – don’t get me wrong – the spectator in me wants that invitation! But, when the lavish exceeds the love, we have a problem.

Wouldn’t we all be better, as couples, as individuals, if love ruled the day? Love is the greatest gift.

Let’s practice giving that gift over and over again!

Have a good weekend!

One Response so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    That color analysis on my blog TOTALLY nailed you! Isn't that interesting? ;-) I especially like what it said about giving people a balanced perspective.