She Encourages Me

Can I tell you today that I slept so good again last night!!! Okay, enough of that. But, that is my testimony about the peace that is available to you when you just turn everything over to God.

Now, today’s real post.

God is so good. A few years ago, well, okay, more than a few years ago, God blessed me to meet a wonderful woman of God. At that time, I liked her but I thought she was a bit strange. She listened to gospel music at her desk at work. I was saved but I was a young child in the Lord – let’s just say infantile – that may best describe me back then.

As time went on and I got to know her, I came to really love her spirit. She was then and is now one of the kindest, gentlest persons that I know. She makes me happy when I talk to her – she is always smiling or giggling. It’s a blessing to be in her presence. God has done and continues to do a mighty work in her life.

Then, she moved. I’ve long missed my friend. Sometimes more than I could recognize – if that makes any sense. But, I’ve got good news. As a result of God’s providence, by the end of the year, I will get to see my friend again. I’m excited. She lives in Grand Cayman with her family. What a wonderful family. She’s so wonderful, that she lets me call them my family too. So, although naturally, I am a mother of no humans – just a pet fish, in the Caymans I am a mother of three – two girls and one boy.

So, while one would normally think Cayman – tropical – vacation, I’m thinking of reuniting with my family. She makes me feel like I belong and that is the best witness for Christianity that I could ever imagine. I belong in God’s family and in hers. She has not set up boundary markers. Instead, she exudes the love of Christ for me. She fills me with His love by allowing God to use her in various ways. She even makes me homemade, from scratch, oh-my-goodness chocolate chip cookies!

I hope you have somebody in your life that encourages you in the Lord the way that she encourages me. When I grow up, I pray that God will show Himself in me the way He shows Himself in my friend Kristie.

One Response so far.

  1. Thank you for honoring my dear bride this way. She is indeed one of the sweetest, kindest, most hospitable person you'll ever meet. She makes up for her husband's many faults and flaws. I'm still amazed that she said "yes."

    And thank you for being such a good friend to her. You have been a great blessing and source of encouragement to her, and this side of glory you won't know how much that means to her and me.

    So "thank you" for honoring her this way and for being such a good friend yourself.