Hold onto your peace!

I almost let the enemy steal my peace. I was going about my normal activities when a thought of desparation struck me. I felt the tears arising in my eyes, my face got hot and I felt something come over me. It felt like grief. But somehow, it did not overtake me. I felt like I had time to make a choice. I could either go down the road of sorrow - one in which I am very well acquainted, or I could go down the road of peace.

I stood at the crossroads for a few minutes - debating. Should I go down the familiar path of sorrow and grieving for the things that allude me or have passed from me, or will I go down the road of peace. I debated some more.

Ultimately, I chose peace. I spoke with a good friend of mine that said "Go get your Bible, read a little bit, and it will take your mind off of the situation and you will feel better." So, I did. I followed the direction of my friend and guess what book I landed in... Philippians.

Here are some words that encouraged me and I hope that they will encourage you:

"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever thigns are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you." (Phil. 4:4-9)

Meditate on these verses this weekend, and then rejoice in the peace that God gives.

One Response so far.

  1. Amen girl-great stuff to marinate on.
    Much love,
    Angela