Coming Out?

Why is it so "popular" to admit homosexuality? I am really disturbed by this trend. If we look at celebrities, they seem to be coming out in droves - T.R. Knight (which by the way really surprised me), Lindsay Lohan (I'm still shocked) and even though many had speculated this to the be case - Clay Aiken - and there's more!




In the local schools, this issue is raging out of control. I have a good friend who told me of the activities going around at her daughter's school. Saints of God, this is a praying time. The spirit of homosexuality is strong.

I think we have to understand a few things.


(1) Although this public display of homosexuality on our network television stations and local malls is disturbing, it's not new behavior (check out Genesis 19). Our society has gotten so lax and accepting of sin that homosexuality is increasing accepted. Some, in what I believe to be flawed judgment, even say that the perfect God of the universe created them that way. But, it does not even matter what our society accepts if God rejects it. And, make no mistake, God calls this brand of sin an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

(2) Homosexuality IS a perversion of God's gift. Check out Romans 1:26-27.



While I deeply oppose homosexuality, I also know that each person practicing this sin is redeemable. I know this to be true because God is no respecter of persons. He does not love me more because I am heterosexual and love them less because they are homosexual. But He does call us all to account. We will all answer for our sins.



So, that's why I want you to join me in prayer. Let's appeal to Heaven for a reversal of this trend and an increase in love for God and His Word. We need to be obedient to God and His Word.

There is yet hope for homosexuals, if they will repent. If we look at 1Corinthians 6:9-11, we can see the hope laid out for us all:

V9 - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality


V10 - nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.


V11 - And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Will you join me?

One Response so far.

  1. Veronica says:

    As I study God's word and His will for my life, my sins are made clearer to me. Although I strive to please God daily, I continue to be a sinner saved by grace. I am annoyed at the damage that sin leaves in our lives. I will join you in continuous prayer for those that are still rejecting God's perfect and righteous will.