Turn Frustration to Gladness

Lysa’s post today is timely. And, it’s not because I myself am feeling frustrated. In fact, I am not. But instead, it’s because it brings to mind how easily frustrated I CAN become.

Today, I got dressed for work, looked real snazzy and headed out the door. Got to work early (before 8am) and was met with a power outage in the entire facility. Huh? Well, of course, I waited around to see what might happen although I really didn’t think the lights were coming on anytime soon – neither the A/C. I went to my desk and began to try to work in the dark (I sit near windows so I had more light than most of my colleagues). Then I heard that our local utility would not be able to get to us until mid-morning.

Now, I could have been frustrated. Afterall, I did get to work early; wore nice clothes that were freshly pressed; took extra time putting on my make-up and looked very professional with a mind to really work my heart out today – I have a personal deadline/goal. But alas, all that was in vain in a dark workplace. Not to mention that I drove a good way to get to work…and now, back home.

That’s where I am. Home. But, it’s still all good. I get a lot of work done at home. And, I’m not frustrated. I put my clothes away and put on sweats. My computer works the same here as in the office. And, I have the work that I have to complete today sitting right here beside me. So, off to work I go! Happy and thankful – and not the least bit frustrated. Thank you Lord for changing my perspective. Now, because of your work in my heart, I can look at this situation with new eyes and be glad that my work can be done nearly anywhere. That’s such a blessing.

Beams Blog Footer 3

2 Responses so far.

  1. Oh, Lysa's blog is http://www.lysaterkeurst.com.

  2. Isabel says:

    What a great glimpse of life in a Peacful world! The peace only Jesus can bring. I hope you get a lot of work done and enjoy your AC friend!