Jennifer, Mary and Me

Saturday at She Speaks was fantastic! While I could go into the details, I'll spare you. I do want to say that God began stirring my heart in ways that he'd never done before.



I began networking like never before. I purposefully sat with people I did not know - and guess what? - I made new friends!



I even met Jennifer Rothschild. Prior to the conference, I was not familiar with her, but after the conference...wow! What a blessing. You can find information on her here. At She Speaks, she talked about her shortcomings and how God met her in every situation. God has given her an awesome ministry. And, she's a great person too - she came to She Speaks at no charge to the ministry, right after speaking at another conference. She barely made it there in time to speak. And even after speaking, she pressed forward and held a book signing and meet and greet. Here is our picture together:

She is a lovely lady and has dealt with her life in a way that honors God. I cannot imagine losing my sight at 15 but Jennifer has taken a big bump in the road and used it to glorify God. Thank you God for such a precious example of your grace and mercy.

Switching gears a bit, I cannot write about Saturday without mentioning Mary DeMuth. She gave us all copies of her latest book Daisy Chain. I haven't started reading it yet, but I will soon. And, I already know that it's going to be fantastic. She is an accomplished writer, but more importantly, she really loves the Lord. You can see Him all over her when she speaks.

Having the opportunity to hang out with other writers and speakers and feel the presence of God - well, I just have to say that it was wonderful. I feel revived. I am so very grateful to the Lord. He blessed me through so many good-spirited christian women.

Beams Blog Footer 3

3 Responses so far.

  1. I love your story about Jennifer and Mary. They both so beautifully reflect God' glory. Thanks for sharing your She Speaks God-stories on your blog. I'll be looking for more. I love reading about the ways He met His girls there!

    Blessings,
    Renee

    PS> I love your "breaking up with Frank" post. Cute!!! I am sure he'd gonna miss you!

  2. Sanya, just peeking in on you... thanks so much for your kind words. Loved being with you. You go girl...I'm proud of you for networking like you did.

  3. I had a fantastic time at She Speaks as well and made many new friends by stepping out of my comfort zone as you did! Too bad I didn't get to meet you =) Maybe next year!