Legacy of Faith

This weekend, I went to a family reunion. This one was the one for my maternal grandfather’s side of the family. I had such a great time. It’s funny how we will travel from far and wide and descend upon a destination just for the sake of fellowship. That was my case.

And, while I was there, hearing about my family and their rich faith, I could not help but to allow my mind to drift back to childhood memories. Every summer, I would go down and visit my maternal grandparents. Oh I would laugh and play all summer long!

Those times are precious.

I would tell you stories – but maybe another time.

As a result of my trip down memory lane, I began to really think about what it will be like to see my family – the entire family again; and for the first time. This place is not my home – and neither is it yours if you are a believer. Heaven is. And one day, I will see my grandparents again and I will see for the first time, the faith-walkers that preceded me. Oh what an exciting time it will be!

Those were my thoughts this weekend as we lit candles in their remembrance. They left behind a legacy of faith. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for the rest of my life. I pray that the legacy that I will leave (should He tarry) will be one rich in faith as well, trusting in the Lord.

Beams Blog Footer 3