Inspired by Julie...and Julia!

I went to see the movie Julie & Julia. I was intrigued with the movie because it was about two of my favorite things - blogging and cooking. I love to eat. I love to write. So, I set my sights on the movie.

The first time I went to see the movie, it was sold out. Yuck-o. And, because the movie is 2 hours, there was no way I could wait around for the next showing some three hours later.

Being shut-down at the ticket counter made me curious. Why were so many people wanting to see this movie that it sold out? So, I made up in my mind that I would try to see the movie again - at an off-peak time.

I made it! I rushed to the movie theater and got in line; pondering whether I'd made another trip out for naught. (I know, I should have fandango-ed, but I didn't want to pay the extra dollar. I know - I spent more in gas.) Anyway, I made it in - extra dollar secured.

It took what felt like forever for the movie to start - so many previews. But when it did begin, I just have to say, "Oh Meryl!" What a fantastic job playing Julia Child. And Amy, kudos!

I left the movie theater with a few thoughts in mind:
1. Why do I blog?
2. Who benefits?
3. What am I really passionate about?

If I will take these three questions and pour myself into their answers, then I shall become a better writer. In one year's time, we shall see!


Beams Blog Footer 3

One Response so far.

  1. Isabel says:

    Oh how I want to see this movie. I am so glad to hear you liked it. I'll have to actually make it to the theater this time -- so often I don't lately...could it be small kids and this season of my life??? I can't wait to hear/read the answers to your questions!!