My Slow Fade

Slow Fade...

Slow Fade...

These are the words that kept coming into my mind. Slow Fade...

Perhaps a little background would be good. I've been listening to Casting Crowns. They perform a song entitled Slow Fade. And it talks about how we simply do not crumble in one day's time. Instead, it is a slow fade.

For instance, I did not get out of shape overnight, instead it was a slow fade. I was working out with a trainer and in fabulous shape. I got an injury - recovered. I stopped working out with my trainer. Thought I could do it on my own. Started traveling for the job. Gained some weight. Fought it back off. Got another injury. Decided to exercise at home. Didn't exercise at home. Bought a gym membership. Didn't go much. Bought a swanky elliptical. Got another injury - my fault this time. Never quite got back into the swing of things...slow fade.

You see, a series of choices lead me to the unpleasant condition that I find myself in right now, weight-wise. Slow Fade.

Each decision that we make has a consequence. And, while we may not feel that the decision will matter in the short term, when we take a minute to look up and assess our current status, we see that all of those small decisions, have taken us to a place where we should not be.

As children of the Most High God, we have to guard our decisions. We have to be on the watch for the slow fade - when black and white turns to gray (to borrow a line from Casting Crowns). At the end of the day, a price will be paid. The question to be answered by all of us is whether we want to pay that price.

For my small decisions, the price for me is much time exercising and watching what I eat. That's a hard thing for a foodie like myself, but I am do it. It's black and white - not gray. I know what must be done, and I will do it. But, let's hope that the extra weight does not take up its own version of slow fade!

Pray for me!

Oh, and here's the video link for Slow Fade on You Tube. Now, the video addresses another type of slow fade, but what is so wonderful about the song is that it is applicable to anything that we struggle with. Hope you will take the time to look at it and let me know your thoughts.

Beams Blog Footer 3