Be on the Lookout

If you dropped by yesterday and are wondering if this post is the one that I was working on, I have some news. No, this one is not that one. (sad face) I started that one Friday and now it’s finished but because of some things that have happened since then, I feel that I should hold onto it for a minute. Never fear though, I’m sure the Lord will let me know when it’s a good time to post it. In the meantime, here’s today’s post!

Flipping through the channels on a lazy day, I landed on a station that carried footage of nature. I watched, intrigued by a bird that had perched on the waters, bobbing up and down with the waves. So cute! This bird was clearly relaxed and unconcerned. He even tucked his neck into himself for whatever reason – I’m guessing he was grooming himself. Nevertheless, this activity by said bird continued. I kept watching.

And then it happened.

There was no scary music or even a change in tempo. In fact, the water that lulled this bird into a lackadaisical state never changed its pace. But then, right when I least expected it – tragedy.

The bird was attacked by a seal. I was shocked! Horrified! I sat up and yelled at the television, angry at the seal!

The seal rose up from the water, grabbed the bird by the neck, and swiftly took it underneath the water. And without any further detail, I can tell you, the seal won.

He cheated – He snuck up on that bird and delivered an unrecoverable blow. Now, you may say that’s nature, and you would be right. But, it is also the way that our enemy operates.

As Christians, we have to be on the lookout. We cannot afford to perch on the waters of life and bob up and down without a care in the world. When we do, we forfeit our defenses. Instead, we need to be on the alert – watching, ready.

When we spend time looking inwardly, grooming ourselves or being overly concerned about ourselves, the enemy has time to plan and execute his attack. You are no longer a threat to him because you are so wrapped up in yourself – enjoying yourself – bobbing along with the current.

Be careful of the current; it is the thing that will lull you into a false sense of security that will allow the enemy to move forward with his plan of attack.

Be vigilant. Be alert. Know that your enemy is never too far away. Make sure that you take steps such that you will not become his prey.

I’m sitting up yelling this message out to you – so please take notice. I don’t want you to become like that little bird – a victim of his adversary. Instead, I desire that you be victorious. This is just a little something for you to think about.


Beams Blog Footer 3

One Response so far.

  1. Yes, the Bible tells us to be alert and not taken by surprise. But I find when my focus in on Jesus Christ and I am seeking where I can see Him working all is well. If I get "demon" minded that is what I see.

    In looking to Jesus He always looked to Father God and Holy Spirit moved within and around Him. I look to Jesus Christ and seek Him continually. When I am successful with this focus Holy Spirit amazes me.

    Good word .... as usual.