Stop Making Excuses

It is too easy to give up on God when life gets hard. Several times, through several people – Christians, I hear this long mantra about if God was real then He would have or would not have done XYZ. Or, I get to hear that walking the Christian walk is too hard and too restrictive. Or, I get to hear the much overused line that is pulled out when we commit sin but are looking for a way to excuse ourselves, come on, say it with me, “well, God knows my heart.” These are just excuses manufactured by your adversary to keep you away from the abundant life that is yours in the Lord.

I’m so glad that our Savior, Jesus, didn’t make excuses. When life got hard for Him, you never saw him quit. I bet you never thought about that, huh? Think about how His life was for Him when He was teaching and preaching the gospel to the point of exhaustion. When everywhere He went people in droves were pressing after Him and seeking Him – desiring something from Him. How about how He must have felt when after all of His teaching and preaching, people still would deny Him and after all the miracles He performed, He was still led up to that cross. Think about the Garden of Gethsemane when making His final preparations before allowing Himself to be taken, that He sweat blood. But our lives are too hard? No, I don’t think so.

Stop making excuses. Jesus, our example, never gave up. He never gave in. And, if we are to be like Him, then we must never give up and never give in. Doing so is surrendering to the adversary. So, keep the faith. Chin up. It’s not over until God says it over. Keep fighting until the victory is won.

One Response so far.

  1. I have been pondering that for some time....Good post girl!
    Much love,
    ANgela