Character Matters

I finally made it to see the movie Obsessed! My sister and I went last night and well, let me tell you, it's a good movie.


Now, it's not one of those movies where you may watch it again and again and it would somehow become a classic. No, that's not the appeal. But, it was a good movie. I won't go into details in the unlikely event that you haven't seen it yet. There were some things in the movie that did not add up but there were some elements of the film that made it worth the investment in time.


Character was one of the main things that I noticed during the movie. Our character matters. We need to present our character in the most reputable way and then live out that representation. When we fail to do this, our credibility is damaged, no matter our intention.


In our interaction with others, we must also remember to observe their character as well. Is what they say or how they project themselves an accurate depiction of who they are? It's something to think about. Do we really know those that are around us?


The simple answer to that is maybe we don't... just think about it. In the world of blogs, instant messages, text messages, email, social networking places like Myspace, Facebook and Twitter, do we really truly know everyone. No, I would say not. That makes our character representation all the more important. Some people interact with you through these mediums and only get a glimpse of you and think that they know you.


So, be mindful of your character. And, well, that's all I have to say about that!