In His Safety

I made it to Friday by the grace of God. It’s been a tough week, but I want to thank each and every one of you that walked with me this week. You are my prayer warriors and my friends.

So, let me give you an update on some of the things we’ve been praying for:

I wrote about my co-worker that had a heart attack. He is recovering. He had some complications but God kept him through them. As a result, he is being released from the hospital and will go back later for some other heart work. God is so good. This man who had 80% blockage on Tuesday, went home to his house on Thursday. That’s amazing! Thank you God!

My co-worker that lost her mother is grieving now. Please continue to pray for God’s comfort. In fact, please pray for my other friend, one that I did not blog about, that lost his grandmother. Please pray for his comfort as well.

God is still moving in the situation with my co-worker’s husband, who is still in dangerous territory. Please continue to pray for God’s protection.

I also wrote to you about another co-worker’s mother. She is still in the hands of the Lord. He is keeping her even as she battles for her health. Please continue to pray for her strength.

A few posts back, I spoke about my friend who was in the hospital who needed a heart transplant, received it and now needs another. He is battling for his health and God is ever-faithful. Please continue to pray for His strength and peace of mind as he walks this road of waiting. I pray that he will keep his focus on God and not get discouraged.

And even while all of this was going on, I received word that the grandfather of one of my friends has been hospitalized for a heart attack. God kept him as well.

All of this sickness and loss moves me to deeper prayer. And that’s why I am so grateful for all of you who have partnered with me in prayer. We’ve had the opportunity to once again experience God as our Jehovah-Jireh, our provider. His provision for us is sufficient. We’ve had the opportunity to experience Him as Jehovah-Rophe, the Lord that heals us. And while we were thinking primarily about a physical healing, I have also experienced Him this week as an emotional healer. Thank you Lord. For in the midst of this storm, God has been my Jehovah-Shalom, Lord You are my peace! I thank Him right now. I worship Him right now unashamed. He has shown me that He is my help – no other name I know. There is no other place to go. And, when I join hands with the Father, although I’m no doctor, on my knees, I can submit my prayers for those lying in hospital beds helpless and in need in prayer. And, in my distress, when medicines don’t work and words don’t find their way to my lips, I know that He is Jehovah-Shammah, the Lord who is there, carrying me through it all, and more importantly, surrounding my friends, my co-workers, and my loved ones. Truly strength is not in me but it is in Him.

I move into this weekend, celebrating the Lord, even more. For He has been more than an on-time God. He has been the God that never leaves. He is El Shaddai, God Almighty – God All Sufficient. We are all in His safety today! Won’t you join me in praise for Him today?!

One Response so far.

  1. Praying with you....
    Much love,
    Angela