Our Anchor in the Midst of a Storm

Tuesday should have been a calm day. Everyone should have been coming back from the beach, or from visiting family and in a calm, cool and collected mood. But instead, Tuesday was a day when I was abruptly reminded of our desperate need for God.

Here is a sampling of what Tuesday released on this unsuspecting soul:



  • My co-worker’s father, who I just saw in the cafeteria, was suddenly rushed to the hospital, vomiting and complaining of chest pains. He had a heart attack and went into surgery. He needs 6 stints.

  • Another co-worker’s mother, who had been ill, passed away on Tuesday. She, understandably, has been crying uncontrollably.

  • One more co-worker’s husband, is working remotely, and is in a dangerous and volatile environment.

  • Yet another co-worker is out on short-term disability, recovering from surgery. While this co-worker was recovering this weekend, her mother grew ill and needed to be rushed to the hospital.

I could tell you more, but for now, I think you will agree with me that we are in desperate need of God.

Although my plans and expectations for the day were quite different, I am fully aware that God is the one that orchestrates the time and events of our days. He is not surprised nor taken off-guard by what happened on Tuesday. So, we turn to Him. He is Sovereign Lord. I turn to Him in full faith that He will move in each of these circumstances. I pray that you too will join me in prayer for the ones listed above. The winds of Tuesday have blown with ferocity, but thank God, He is our anchor in the midst of the storm.

Blessings,
Sanya


Note: the picture of the anchor can be found here: http://www.cksinfo.com/traffic/boats/anchors/index.html

One Response so far.

  1. Veronica says:

    The storms of life is forever blowing at God's command. I will be praying for your coworkers and their family. The list is growing of our friends and family that are hurting or suffering from a lost. God's love is so amazing to me. He wakes me up to pray for love ones in need of comfort.