This past weekend, I went to a wonderful women's conference. It was the Whole Woman Day event hosted by Providence Baptist Church. This year, Mary Kassian was the keynote and the worship leaders were Scott and Alisa Shaw.

Friday night was a bit tough. The worship leaders were tired (with good reason but that's their testimony) and the speaker was allergic to the flowers that adorned the stage. The Word of God went forth but the whole thing just made me go home and pray for Saturday. No disrespect here - please don't read anything negative into that statement. I just wanted more real worship and a stronger Word for Saturday. And, I believe that God heard my prayer because He meet my concerns.



Saturday was absolute, positively, fantastic! Mary was funny, insightful and ready with the Word. She served it up beautifully for all who would, to feast and be fed. The Shaws were rested and ready with deep worship that brought us into the presence of God.

But it was not all about the worship experience and the Word. Providence provides for training as well through the classroom setting. The classes that I took this year (you get to take 2 ) were well prepared and I got some good information from both.
I have to tell you - if you've never been to a Whole Woman Day event - you've been missing out. So, when you hear the call for the next event, please do your spirit a favor and make plans to attend. You will be richly blessed. That's a guarantee! Thank you Providence for your faithfulness in hosting Whole Woman Day and opening it up for the community. May God continue to bless your efforts to magnify His Kingdom.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Thanks for the update on WWD. I was wondering how it was this year. It had been a blessing to me in my years of attending, so I keep it on my calendar to pray for the event.

    I'm so excited that the women got to hear Mary Kassian!! I have read her books, but saw her speak for the first time at True Woman '08, and she was an amazing speaker of truth and wisdom, especially as it related to how societal trends affect the Christian church.

    I'll have to check into audio of the talks and have a listen.

    Love ya!
    Kristie