From the Head to the Heart

I sat at my desk, half-awake but committed to straining my eyes to see just what doth saith the Lord this morning. Boy, was I in for a surprise!

The devotion this morning addressed what I shall like to call the heart of the matter. I got an answer from Heaven this morning. You see, I have a friend that knows alot of Scripture. This person can quote it in long form (I struggle with verbatim memorization). This person knows right from wrong. Yet, this person will, if the moment suits, pursue sin. I often asked God why? It seemed a bit of a mixed match.

The answer came this morning. And, it was not complicated.

This person has a head knowledge but not a heart knowledge. When knowledge is trapped in your head and not in your heart, then it's just like knowing that the weather is going to be a certain temperature. You may dress accordingly or you may not. It's a decision. But, when the knowledge of our Lord moves from your head to your heart - well, it's no longer a decision. It's a lifestyle.

The movement happens when we meditate on the Scripture and we absorb that knowledge into our whole being. Change happens from the inside out and before long, the old saying is true - the things I used to do, I don't do anymore.

So, I encourage us all to mediate on the Word of God and allow the movement to occur from head to heart. It makes all the difference!