Israel: The Power of One



I am now ready to issue my review for Israel's new album - the Power of One.





Three words: go buy it.





Three more words: do it now.





At first, I was a bit skeptical. I am used to the whole Israel and New Breed sound. I especially love the runs that they do on their CDs that take you right from one song to the other without interruption. Love that. Especially when I'm exercising.



But, this new album is different. When you listen to it, you'll see what I mean. Israel takes a new approach and incorporates a child - I'm guessing his son. (I didn't read through all of the credits to check, not yet anyway). The music is different and crosses genres. I mean tobyMac is on this CD...and so is MaryMary. Oh yeah - the packaging is different too. I miss my plastic CD cover but I understand the need to be green. Small adjustment - I can get over it.



Anyway, I'm the kind of person that if I have at least three songs on a CD that I like, then I feel like the CD purchase was worthwhile. It was worthwhile. I've been singing track 7 (Moving Forward) for two days straight. You Found Me and Just Wanna Say are great songs too. Those are my three for right now. I know that I'll move on to others but for where I am in my life, these three minister to me. Wonder which songs will minister to you?



If you don't want to take my word for it - well, my three words of "go buy it" then check out this review: http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/reviews/2009/powerofone.html; then go buy it!





The Power of One.


Change the World.



If you buy the CD...no, when you buy the CD, be sure to let me know how you like it. :-)

Thank you God for the gift that You've given to Israel.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Krystal says:

    Hey, thanks for visiting my blog!

    I actually just bought this CD for my hubby. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but I've downloaded it to my Mp3 player. Perhaps I'll listen to it while I make dinner tonight.

    Our all-time favorite Israel album is Live in South Africa. Have you heard it? We have the CD AND the DVD. It is absolutely wonderful. The DVD heightens the experience because you can see Israel and the New Breed singers worshipping, dancing, crying, praising. It is just awesome.

    I'll visit more with you later!

    ;)

  2. Live in South Africa is wonderful! Thanks for the visit!