Best, not Better

Well, well ... I think the saying is that we live and learn right?

I've been getting to bed at a good time this week so last night, feeling rather good about my accomplishments, I threw it all away and stayed up late.

Now, I'm exhausted - mentally dull. Funny how sleep will make you feel sharper, eh?

This whole exercise has taught me a little something about commitment. I made myself a promise that I would go to sleep or at least be in the bed by a certain hour and well, I didn't do it. Shame on me! I broke a promise to myself. If I can't keep a promise to myself, what does that say about me? ARGH.

So, I will start again. And, this time... well, let me say it this way - this time when I see myself making progress and feeling good, I will endeavor to press forward and not settle for better. I will press on to best.

So it is in our Christian walk. We like to settle for better...we say, "I'm not where I'm supposed to be but thank God that I'm not where I used to be." True. But we could be further along if we stopped settling for better and pressed onward to best.

So, give it your best today, and then repeat tomorrow and the next day and the next day until your best is your standard.