The Great Sustainer

My friend is still on life support. The doctors are keeping him in this state for a few months. I know that just a few posts ago, I mentioned this but I'm still thinking about it so I am going to share it with you. Is that alright? I hope so. You give me such support that now, I'm asking you to remember my friend in your prayers.

He is such a neat guy. He's a father of two boys, a husband of one strong woman, and he really knows his numbers! He loves details - and how! ...before his transplant, he would sit at his computer reading up on every aspect of it all day long. And, before you think that perhaps he was obsessed, just know that if it wasn't the transplant, he would be reading up on something else. He is not a greedy man. He is a simple man. Just happy to be. And, I think that's what I like most about him. He just is who he is.

So, when I saw him after his surgery, connected to all kinds of machines, with all kinds of tubes and wires and this that and the other attached to him, what could I say? Yes, he was asleep, but for such a down-to-earth man living a simple life, this was too complicated. Too many machines. Too many people all around. Too much!

It overwhelms me to think about how many surgeries he has had. It overwhelms me to think about how many people it took to roll him out of surgery and back to ICU. It was a team y'all. And, there he was in the midst, barely seen through the people and the machines. Oh, and when he got back to ICU, it took the team another hour to get him all hooked up on the ICU machines. Modern medicine astounds me. But, the Sovereign Lord of the Universe amazes me. He is awesome.

To think that with just a command, I wake, I move, I breath. I have life because He sustains it. You have life, because He sustains it. How often do we go about our day without first considering Him? Without first thanking Him? I think about my life when I was unsaved. The things I did. How I never considered Him. How I never knew Him and yet through it all - He kept me. What an awesome God I serve.

I'm not fearful for my friend. I am at peace despite the machines because I know God. I know that with a simple command from God, my friend will rise, will wake, will move, will breath. I pray that for Him now in full faith knowing that God is able. And, if it be His will for my friend, He will be restored to full health with a new heart, a new joy and an increased faith in God.

I trust God with my friend. He is the great Sustainer. I pray that you will join me in prayer for him.

One Response so far.

  1. Tonya says:

    I pray that your friend's new heart will function according to the purpose it was designed. I pray that his family will be at peace and lean on God. May his doctors be equipped with divine wisdom on how to help him. I pray for a speedy and full recovery for your friend.

    Keep us posted and I'm looking forward to a praise report!