My "Great Things" List

So…here I go again. I’ve got that “Great Things” song stuck in my head again (Kurt Carr). I’m excited for a few reasons. Wanna hear about ‘em – here we go:



  1. I woke up this morning, and because I have so much that I want to accomplish today, waking up is a “great thing.”

  2. I have a reasonable portion of good health today – yep, some things are a little out of sorts, but I’m not limited by them all that much, so to me, that’s a “great thing.”

  3. I am able to see love blooming for one of my friends that truly deserves it. I’m so excited, and for me, that’s a “great thing.”

  4. I am fortunate enough to attend a church where the Word of God is taught with expectancy and enthusiasm and for me, someone that needs you to be committed to what you’re teaching – that’s a “great thing.”

  5. I am employed by a pretty great company, and in these turbulent economic times, indeed that is a “great thing.”

  6. I have a Father in Heaven that takes care of my everything – and well, that’s a “great thing.”

  7. I am not hungry – that’s a “great thing.” Particularly since I am trying to drop some pounds.

  8. I am grateful for everything – this morning, my heart leaps inside my chest with gratitude for what Jesus did for me …”great thing.”

  9. I am happy that I have some followers and readers of this blog … “great thing.”

  10. I am blessed that although I have challenging circumstances, God still sends others around me that shower me with tangible love and encouragement…”great thing.”

I could go on – but I won’t. You should make your own list. What “great things” has He done for you?

3 Responses so far.

  1. Mom to 3 says:

    Hi! Thank you for the reminder to remember the great things that God does in our lives! Here is my list.

    1. My husband and I are celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary in two days. God blessed me with a husband who is my best friend, and that is truly a great thing!

    2. I am five months pregnant, and I love feeling my little girl move around inside of me. This is a great thing.

    3. My hubby and I moved from West Virginia to New Mexico, last year. We are within a days drive of my in-laws when we were not near any family in WV. Living geographically close to my in-laws is a very great thing. I love them a lot!

    4. I can look back on an enjoyable weekend that I spent with my husband last weekend. That is another great thing.

    5. I have a wonderful spoiled kitty cat that my husband and I both love. She is another great thing.

    6. I can look out my aparment window and see the beauty of God's creation as I look at the mountains. That is another great thing!

    7. I am warm and comfortable on a cold day. This is a great thing!

    8. I have a wonderful fanily and great friends. This is a great thing!

    9. God has given me more blessing than I can name. This is a great thing!

    10. My family and I are in good health. This is a great thing!

  2. Jolene - what a wonderful Great Things list! Thanks for sharing!

  3. Love that great things list!!!
    Much love,
    Angela