Gospel Jubilee!

Oh wow! I went to a gospel quartet reunion last night. Mainly, I went to support my Pastor since he mentioned it a few times over the past two weeks, but I really had a good time. At first, as the two very chatty MCs went down memory lane, I felt like maybe I should have invited my paternal Grandfather because I really didn’t know what they were talking about. But it reminded me of being with my maternal Grandfather who would always bring some memory out, dust it off and recount it detail by detail to his friends. Oh…the memories.

Anyway, these legends in their own right got up to sing, group by group. One now blind but still singing his heart out, others heavier than they were years before, some sing but still singing. They are a model in perseverance.

They have persevered in their faith, even as times got hard – according to the stories recounted last night. And, they have persevered in their gift. They sing to the glory of God – no other reason.
I wonder if the same will be said of us when we are in our golden years – have we persevered in our faith – have we relentlessly pursued and perfected our gift to the glory of God?