Welcome to 2009

It's 2009! 


To bring in the New Year, I went to my church for the Watch Night Service. I got there about 15 minutes later than my normal arrival time but let me tell you - it was PACKED - even that early! Now, that's just not normal. But, I think that because of the difficulties of 2008, more people were hungry for a Word from the Lord as we expectantly waited for 2008 to end and 2009 to begin. I was astonished at having to walk so far to the front door of the church considering that I normally park right at the door - well, one of the doors. But, as I walked up to the church, I was happy that more people have finally figured it out - "ain't no party like a Holy Ghost party" - in other words, there is no better place to bring in the New Year than in worship. 

Watching a ball drop from the sky pales in comparison to worshipping God as the calendar switches from one year to another. The ball has not done a thing for you all year. All it does is slide down a pole at the control of man and machines. But, God. Well, He has done marvelous things for us all year long. There is no need to worship the glittering ball when we can worship a glorious Savior. 

So, did you make it out to Watch Night? If you did, I'd like to hear your perspective on it and some of the testimonies that touched you. You know the drill, either post a comment or email me.

Welcome to 2009! 


One Response so far.

  1. Hey I tagged you on my blog. COme over and check it out. No pressure though.
    Much love,
    Angela