Overlooked

Do you ever feel overlooked?

I do.

In fact, this tends to happen when I'm on telephone conference calls with a certain group of folks. It seems like they invite me, but why? Everytime I say something, which turns out to be correct, they tend to ignore where the idea came from, if they acknowledge the idea at all.

Now, this used to really bother me. In fact, on some calls, if I am not prayed up, then my flesh wants to have a little say... But, I am in the process of learning that it really does not matter whether or not I ever get the credit for the obviously awesome ideas that God gives to me to mention on the calls. In fact, what really matters instead is that I am making a contribution.

I have to remember that it is not important that I get the "glory" or "credit". Instead, what becomes important is whether or not I am giving God the glory in my attitudes when I'm overlooked and even as I work with this group.

So, I extend my lessons learned to you as well. God sees everything. You don't have to fight for acknowledgement in the midst of folks who would rather put you in the corner. Instead, lean on God. He has the power to fix it all for you. When you acknowledge Him, you'll get everything that you need.