An Initial Sermon, Not an Initial Dance

God is still calling and still using people. That’s an overly simple statement, but I really believe it.

I went to an initial sermon Sunday evening. It was really neat because I saw two people stand to give their sermons. Both great. My friend went second and she was phenomenal. Prior to the initial sermon, she was telling me about her stomach being in knots and how she was nervous. But I told her that was exactly where she needed to be because she would be leaning on Jesus.

I love my friend because she is such a vessel for God. She has been leaning and depending on Jesus for such a long time. I love her because she is a true believer that is rooted in the Word of God. She has study aids that she actually uses – they are worn through their constant use – which means to me that she has that knowledge deep in her heart. She has had so many hard circumstances but she has pressed her way. She’s an example.

Who is an example in your life? I’m sure that you know somebody that can be described as “against all odds.” Against all odds, my friend believes God. She places her complete trust in Him no matter what. And, that’s the kind of witness that we need in this world today.

Yesterday was her initial sermon but it was not her initial dance with God. I like to use "dance" to imply intimacy. I'm not talking about that jirating, booty shaking stuff. I'm talking more classical dancing where there are two people and one leads and the other follows and you end up with movements that look like moving artwork. It becomes beautiful. It becomes ministry. God leads and she accompanies as they dance together. She is skilled in His Word and I cannot wait to see what the Lord does with her ministry.

God bless you my friend! I love you!

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    There is a young Brother in church who will soon be doing his initial sermon. Do you have the format for the Order of Service that was used. I am responsible for doing the program for the service and have no idea as to what to do. Please respond to SecStMark@yahoo.com or SassyBlueDot@gmail.com as soon as possible. Thanks.