To My Friend in ICU

I made a visit to the ICU at a local hospital. A friend is there. And, from all outward appearances, his illness is winning the fight against his life. But, I’m not worried. I’m trusting God that He will do what needs to be done in this situation for He is the God of the impossible. I know that He will take good care of my friend no matter what. And, He will help me deal with the consequences of His will, no matter what.

God knows and He cares. He knows the very details of our lives. He’s not some remote God sitting on high looking down at us with a nonchalant attitude. Instead, He cares deeply for us, individually and collectively.

When facing impossible situations, it is a time to turn completely to Him and present yourselves to Him. Your real self. The one that He knows. Not the one that we sometimes show others. (don’t front – you know what I’m talking about!)

Philippians 4:6-7 instructs us: Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

There it is. God wants us to come to Him in prayer and petition for everything. And, when we do, He is gracious enough to provide for us the peace that we need.

So, to my friend, I tell you that the battle is not over until God says it’s over. The doctor’s deal with science – but you deal with God. God is your Creator. Hold on.