The Number of Our Days

Life is fleeting. It’s something that we don’t want to think about – nobody likes to talk about death. But, it’s a reality. We must face the fact that unless the Lord returns prior to our demise, death will come.

I was flipping through some channels last night and death seemed to be the theme. A woman’s daughter is missing and presumed dead, a television show dealt with a man facing death on his hospital bed wondering what it would be like to die, and yet another show talked about the pending death of an actor due to a terminal disease. Death is real. Yet, we are all dying day-by-day. Each breath we take is one less than the one we had before. It’s a reality.

When I was growing up, death used to frighten me. But now, I see it more and more. I cannot say that it does not move me in some way – it does. But, I can say that the fear of death is not as prevalent in me like it used to be – why? Because I am sure of where my end will be. After a sweet sleep, I’m going to be with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. In Heaven, there will be no harsh words to endure like yesterday. There will be no sorrows, no heartbreaks – and I’ve endured many of those. No, there will be worship and praise. Now, I can get into that!

We don’t know the number of our days, but God does. We cannot change that. But, we can change how we live the time that we do have. I encourage you to live life in the service of the Lord.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    I pray the Lord gives you wisdom and opportunity to let her know, clearly and lovingly, how her words were inappropriate and hurtful, and that she would have a heart of repentance and grace in how she uses her speech in the future. BTW, I added the Scripture in the previous comment :-). And here's another one you can share with her:
    "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
    --Ephesians 4:29
    Blessings,
    Kristie