For Your Consideration

I just preached a message, For Your Consideration, about running the race - perservance and pressing on in our faith. And, I have to tell you, this message is still hanging with me. I spoke from Hebrews 12:1-7 where I encouraged the congregants to:

1. Consider them - the great cloud of witnesses
2. Consider Him - Jesus, the author and finisher
3. Consider God - Our loving Father

I hope that you will take the time to review these seven verses from Hebrews 12. They encourage me to run on a little bit further, even when I am tired, knowing that I am not alone. They encourage me to press on just a little bit more because Jesus, my role model and example has done so much more - even shedding His blood. They encourage me to be obedient to the Father because if I fail to do what is right according to the instruction manual that He has left for us, then I know that chastisement is coming.

There are many things to consider in this message. God revealed those things that were needful to the congregation in which I was speaking. But, I am sure that in my study time on another occasion, He could just reveal something else. For in my humble opinion, the Scriptures are alive. And, God uses them to encourage us in our faith and He uses them to help us to see things in our lives.

I love the way that God does that. I love it when it just seems like I open the Bible to a particular Scripture that addresses my current concern. He considers me. He considers you. Isn't it great to be a child of God?

When you read the passage, Hebrews 12:1-7, what things do you get out of the passage?

If by chance you are interested in the message, For Your Consideration, it can be ordered here.