Where is Modesty Today?

I was thinking about a few things today. Modesty was one of those things. I went shopping for a suit. I prefer a long skirt. However, finding a suit with a long skirt is becoming an increasing challenge. I cannot understand why - but then again, yes, I most certainly can. It would seem that modesty is still out and flesh is still in.


Miley Cyrus is the latest to get caught up in this skin drama. She posed for Vanity Fair topless with a sheet or some have said it was a blanket. And while this pose was the topic of news hounds and chatter boxes on television today, I have to wonder what parent would ever think that the poses were "artistic." No matter your view, (I've only seen the two photos), I can say that from my point of view, the first word that would come to my mind is not modest. Perhaps a little too mature for her age. She is 15. I could think of other ways that I would prefer to see Miley Cyrus - and she is fully clothed in all of them. I actually watch her show - Hannah Montana. (yes, I really do...)

One commentator said that she was keeping her image current with the aging of her fan base. This commentator argued that this was appropriate because Cyrus' fans are growing up too. Yet, I have to wonder if this is what we expect of our youth and is all skin artistic?
I do have to give Miley Credit, she apologized for the photographs. I still believe that she's a "good girl", and I want that good girl image to carry on. I hope that you agree and will do all that you can to promote modesty.