Walk in Obedience

I had to drag myself out of bed this morning. I'm barely awake now! I don't know why I am so tired. I could go back to sleep for at least three more hours. And the sad thing is, last night, I knew I was tired but I didn't go to bed any earlier than usual. That was not a smart move on my behalf because right about now - I'm struggling!

Isn't that familiar though? We know what we should do, but we don't do it and end up paying the consequences for it later. We know what the Bible says because we are good students of the Word, but sometimes we don't do what we know to be the right thing to do. And then we are chastised for our disobedience. We don't have to think too far back to recall an experience where we were disobedient. And, the same applies for our society at-large. Are we not seeing the results of disobedience every night on the news?

So, here's the deal. Let's pray for one another that we will walk in obedience to the Lord at all times and that we will use sound judgment in all our ways. Luke 11:28 captures this request by saying: "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."