Where have you laid your trust?

In the beginning of relationships, for most of us, trust is inherent. It’s given. Not because we know this person but simply because we want to know them and draw ever closer to them. It’s one of those “innocent until proven guilty” situations – I trust you until you prove to me that you cannot be trusted.

The funny thing to me is that sometimes we flip our faith in reverse. Instead of trusting God at the beginning of our relationship with Him, some of us do not rely on God and trust Him until we have run out of other options. “It’s one of those – I’m not going to call you until I have to” situations – I’m not going to trust you unless I have no other option.

Considering that the Bible tells us that man is sure to disappoint us and that God will never – why is it then that we have such a problem trusting God more than we trust man?

One reason I believe this may be the case for some is that God is intangible. You cannot touch Him nor see Him. You have to trust and believe that He is there. In the midst of trouble, we as a people like to reach out and touch – feel an embrace – hear a voice. We like to be soothed by the tangible. So we lay our trust at the feet of those we know, see, and hear.

There may be several reasons why we lay our trust at the feet of people. But I want to encourage you today to disregard those reasons and lay your trust first at the feet of your Savior – Jesus Christ. He has come to us, lived among us, suffered for us, died for us, rose for us and has now ascended to the Throne, where He intercedes for us. But, He has not left us comfortless – He has left a Comforter – the Holy Spirit that dwells within us – if we would only trust and believe that He is there.

Would you examine your trust levels today? Where have you laid your trust?

4 Responses so far.

  1. That is a really good post. It is a good thing to assess.
    Much love,
    Angela

  2. Anonymous says:

    This is a great posting. THANK YOU!!!

    Michelle T.

  3. Michelle! Welcome back!!!

    Ladies,

    Thank you both for your encouragement!

  4. Anonymous says:

    Isiah 55:11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

    Praise beyond to God. I bless God today and everyday because he's so good. I'm learning to trust him with all my heart and even when its seems like he's not there. I still trust him. Whatever God says "It is so", you gotta do it and you gotta trust him. Obedience is honestly better than sacrifice, man cannot determine your future they didn't make you so they can't tear you down. Just in my own life I've seen that God is going to do things the way he wants to and sometimes it seems as if you are wrong about what you believe he's telling you because things are just not coming together. But I promise you if you just hold out seek his face for his guidance and for his direction he will lead you right into your destiny and it'll be an absolute blessing. Continue to trust in God no matter what and you'll never go wrong.