Can I tell you about last week?

Can I tell you about how good God is? This past week, in preparation for a preaching event, I was really into my Word. I was really making the effort to be sure that I could hear from Him and deliver the right message to the right people. I’ve got sense enough to know that I cannot do this apart from His equipping. I thought it was strange that during this last week of preparation before the event, I would be out of town. Yet, my out of town trip to San Diego was scheduled long before the preaching opportunity came along. But, God knew exactly what He was doing. He was pulling me out of my comfy environment so that I could really focus on Him.

As a part of my obedience, He blessed me beyond measure. I went to the beautiful hotel to check in – and to my great surprise received a complimentary upgrade to a luxury suite – and it was really luxurious – and stocked with choice foods! (most of which I couldn’t eat because at that time I was fasting – so I resisted the King’s table). But, it was NICE!!! But, the blessings did not stop there.

He surrounded me with the beauty of His creation. I could see out over the water for miles, it seemed. I saw beautiful flowers and sailboats and all things that reminded me of Him and His ultimate sovereignty.

I then looked around and was blessed with kind women who were, like me, traveling for business. We fellowshipped with each other and have been in contact with each other – even now – and one was a pastor’s wife with a very sweet spirit.

God took great care of me on my trip and therefore, when I came back to North Carolina, I couldn’t help but to have a Word from the Lord. He used me to deliver His Word on Saturday, April 19, 2008. I know that I had a great time in Him. And, according to the women that approached me when it was all said and done, they had a good time in Him as well and were set free and liberated too. Knowing this made my heart smile. It was at that point that I felt like I had not failed God in delivering the right message to the right people.

I thank God for everything. He truly is AWESOME. And, as I gear up for another opportunity in May, I pray that the same power that moved within hearts on Saturday, will do it again at that meeting. I love the Lord, and I am so blessed that He loves me!

2 Responses so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    You're on a mountaintop! I'm rejoicing for you, Friend. And I'm sure your message was amazing since you opened yourself up as such a willing vessle.

  2. Amen girl! Praising Him!
    YOur obedience inspires me!
    Much love,
    ANgela