The Super-Sensitive Skin I'm In

Today I am going to see an allergist. Apparently, my super-sensitive skin has been freaking out as a result of something – I just don’t know what. Never the less, I will make the journey to the doctor’s office today and see what he can tell me.

Skin is indeed an interesting thing. Over the years, it has been something that we as a nation have judged each other on. Skin color. Funny thing is, we don’t get to automatically choose our skin color. It’s not like shopping for a new outfit. Once you get it, you’ve got it. And, there is nothing wrong with it no matter what color it is. I know this because God knit us together in our respective mother’s womb. He chose. And, call me crazy, but I’m just not bold enough to think that anything that He does is wrong.

I was listening to a newscast not too long ago – in the year 2008. A reporter asked a restaurant patron of a small town if skin color was important in the presidential election. And, guess what? This patron and others in this restaurant said that when it came to the president of these United States of America, that skin color did matter. Of course, I disagree – and so did some others watching the newscast – all of different racial and ethnic backgrounds.

Blatant racism is not as widespread as it once was. I thank God for that. But, it is still lingering around in some parts of our country and of our world. Some people are really upset about it – like my skin freaking out, they are having a reaction – but I don’t know why. Why is one skin color perceived to be superior? How does that make any sense? Particularly since we don’t choose! It’s amazing to me. I wonder what would happen if we were to take our sensitivities to the Lord in prayer. He’s the great physician and He is able to heal everything that ails us whether it be outward or inward, mental or physical, visible or invisible – He can heal our land.

He can heal my skin too. So why am I going to an allergist? The answer is simple. I dare not try to choose the method in which God will heal me – He may work through this doctor or He may not. But, I’ve been given the green light to go and therefore, I am going. God works in the manner in which He chooses. And, well, call me crazy again, but I’m still not bold enough to think that my way is better than His. I simply believe my skin will heal and my affliction will end. Glory to God!

One Response so far.

  1. Hey girl-got something for you over at my blog!
    Much love,
    Ang