I'm Currently Reading...

I feel pretty good about what I'm about to tell you. My great friend Kristie is married to an awesome man of God. He is faithful to God and he is faithful to his family. I admire his dedication to both. Every time I see him, he looks more and more distinguished. Not in an arrogant sort of way, but as a man that sits at the feet of our Lord and learns of Him - and as such reflects the character of Christ. He is a compassionate and wise gentleman, willing to help wherever he can. I had the opportunity to chat with him some months ago regarding a paper that I was writing for my school work - a course in Biblical Counseling. He took the time to explain his position and answer all of my questions. He is such a valuable servant for the Kingdom of God! Therefore, I just had to tell you about something that I'm so excited about....
I'm excited about this book that this man of God has written. It is called "What is a Healthy Church Member?" And although I have yet to finish the book - I just started reading it today but it is already fantastic - I think you would do yourself a great service to look into getting your own personal copy.

Ah - you may be asking his name at this point - it's Thabiti (thuh-BEE-tee) Anyabwile. He's the senior pastor of First Baptist Church, Grand Cayman Islands. This book has the endorsement of John MacArthur, Albert Mohler, R.C. Sproul, D.A. Carson etc., if that type of thing is important to you. Hence, you can rest assured that this book is spiritually and Scriptually sound. The forward is by Mark Dever, senior pastor of Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington DC, a powerful church that I had the opportunity to visit as well. By the way, did you see Dever's comments in the Wall Street Journal on July 3, 2008 - Simply powerful - here's the link if you didn't get a chance to read it.

So, my point is simply this - this author is anointed and appointed for such a time as this. I am quite sure that the entirety of the message in this book will not only serve to convict but also to challenge and to help me to grow even further into being a healthy church member that can and will serve God with my utmost ability. And, I'm not the only one that feels this way - here are some comments that you may find useful from those that have read the book in its entirety.
It is my sincere hope that you will add this book to your collection. You can find it online nearly everywhere, Crossway, Amazon etc. Happy Reading!

One Response so far.

  1. Looks like a really good book.
    Much love,
    Angela