Count the Costs

Recently, I was watching television and saw two game shows that essentially promoted humiliation in order to win a monetary prize.

One of the producers of one of the shows said the contestants were like "lambs to the slaughter" and then he chuckled. The commercial advertisements for the other game show revealscompletely embarrasing takes with the hosts of the show being two snide commentators.

These shows are new to the airways and apparently have good ratings support - or else they would not continue to be on the air. So, what's my problem?

We are to esteem each other in love, not mock each other and make fun of one another. These shows promote the opposite.

My second problem - what length are we willing to go to in order to win a paltry sum of money. The cash is a big amount but paltry when you really count the costs.

If I consider the cross, where Jesus bleed, hung and died, then I could never be a contestant on these game shows. If I consider the cross and realize that Jesus has taken all of my humiliation and shame to it - then why would I willfully incur more embarrassment. If I consider the cross and the fact that because of Jesus' work on it, I am now a co-heir to the Kingdom, why would I play myself on television for a few bucks that I cannot take with me upon my death.

I wish these contestants would consider the cross - count the costs and realize that whatever it is they are doing this for will never amount to just fully trusting in the Lord and letting Him work out every situation.

For every action - count the costs.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Good post girl! I have been so sad by these new shows. Man, I could not believe these people willing to put everything out there for cash.
    Blessings,
    Angela

  2. Anonymous says:

    JUST TO SHOW U WHAT PEOPLE WILL DO FOR MONEY AND FAME!!!THAT A SHAME!!!!