Celebrate Your Family!

I am doing a Bible Study with my friend Angela. We just started the study this week and I have to tell you - I'm really enjoying my time in the Word in this new way. The study is called Abundant Grace: Lessons from the Family, and if you are interested, I believe that you too can be a part of this pilot study. Go to her website here and sign up by letting her know that you are interested. This week, our study has taken us to an examination of our own family as well as an examination of those in the Bible. I bet you can guess who was part of the study... you got it, Abraham.

I love examining his life. His life is such ministry to me because Abraham experienced God in many powerful ways. His faith and trust and devotion to God blows my mind. I cannot imagine what it must have been like to be Abraham. To become a father in his old age - to stand on the promise - I'm talking about Isaac instead of Ishmael here. But, to be able to see a miracle walking around each day - Isaac was a miracle. And, then to have to turn around in obedience and lay Isaac down for the sacrifice. I think I would have had an issue there quite personally. But, obedient Abraham went forward having faith in the promise still - believing that even if he slaughtered Isaac that God would bring Him back from the dead. Amazing faith!

The study does not end there. The next day we roll over into a new family setting. I won't tell you who in the event that you decide to participate. And, even if you don't, will you take a minute to examine your family, and praise God for each and every one of them? Yes, "that" uncle too!

Family is so very important. If there be any among your family cluster that stand in the need of any thing great or small, would you now take the time to pray for them and pray for yourself that God will show you exactly how you are to help them. They are your family. If they need salvation, pray for it, if they need a job, pray for it, whatever they need, pray for it! And you can also help in a "right-now" practical way, so please be sure to inquire of the Lord for that as well.
And, do not give up on your family members that may not be "acting right." Instead, have amazing faith in God to bring that situation about in a way that gives Him glory! Celebrate your family in prayer and practicality - they are God-given.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Thanks for adding this to your blog. I honestly hadn't thought about thanking God for each member of the family... even "that" uncle. :)

    I'm participating in Angela's Bible study, too. Looking forward to how we'll be challenged this week!

  2. That was beautiful Sanya!
    Much love,
    Angela