Making Time

I love Independence Day. It's special to me - not just because of what it means for this country, but because it was the time that everyone used to get together when my grandparents were alive. All of their children came home. It was just done. And, it was like a huge family reunion.

My grandparents have gone home to glory now. And, their children do not all assemble themselves anymore at this time of the year. Time has a way of allowing us to get away from the things that we used to do in favor of other things.

I will always remember those special times. And, maybe someday, the family will remember and we'll go back to those days. I'm not sad about it - I'm hopeful. I know that we all love each other still - we are still a family.

I believe that God looks at us that way too. We used to spend time with Him and now we have let other things get in the way. But I believe that He is still hopeful that His prodigal children will come back home at some point. And, when His children do, He will be most glad.

So, I encourage you today - that while you are making your holiday preparations and enjoying the company of your family and close friends, do not forget to spend time with your Heavenly Father. Make the time to visit with Him.

Happy 4th of July and may God Bless America!

One Response so far.

  1. Amen girl! Amen.
    Much love,
    Angela