Resting in Him

It’s Friday and I’m pretty excited about that (again). I have something that I really want to do this weekend – rest! I told you all about my back injury in my other post. But, I thank God that there is power in prayer. I am feeling so much better – and I can move around a lot better now. It was looking like a snail may beat me at a race the other day! But, now I have something close to my normal gait and 100% recovery IS on the way. Thank you for the prayers and to God be the glory!

This weekend, I will not be walking around the city in my new found health. No, instead, I am going to take the time to really rest. I know you may think I mean watching television and spending quality time with my couch. But I mean rest in a different sense. I will be resting with my Lord. My spirit needs refreshing and so I am going to spend some extra time in His presence.

I am reminded that this is the time of year that He did all that was necessary to reconcile us back to the Father. He demonstrated His majesty, He taught, He took our sins upon Himself, He suffered, bled and died and rose from the grave. He did it all for you and me. So, yes, I am going to be resting with Him this weekend – in His presence – giving Him my time. He’s worthy to be praised!

I know that when I come out of this time with Him that I will be stronger and will be better able to carry out the tasks that He has assigned for me. I will be changed because I rested in Him. Won’t you rest in Him too?

2 Responses so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    I am so glad you're feeling better and resting in Him is the absolute best thing for you! :-)

  2. Thanks Kathy! Hope you're doing great!