Keep on Trusting

My pastor recently preached a sermon entitled “The Upside of Being Down.” It was as if that sermon was preached with my situation in mind. God has a way of speaking directly to your situation. I received that word of faith that Sunday morning and have determined to keep myself stayed on trusting in the Lord. Sometimes it is a lot easier to give up on God and return to our normal state of depending on ourselves which leads to worry and confusion. But, I am reminded early this morning to rely solely on the Lord. It does not much matter what the circumstances look like. It does matter that God is still in control. So, I trust Him this morning.

Whenever I get a little shaky and want to resort back to my normal state of trying to understand and analyze everything, I encourage myself with Scripture. I would like to share a few verses with you this morning. It is my prayer that you will be encouraged and reminded that there is nothing impossible with the Lord. He has a good plan for your life. If you stay connected to Him, even through the tough times, everything will be alright. It will all work out for your good.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6

“”Ah Sovereign Lord, You have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you…” Then the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah: “I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?” – Jeremiah 32:17,26-27

“Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” – Psalm 37:4

“Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him.” – Psalm 37:7

2 Responses so far.

  1. Sanya that was so encouraging! Thanks for sharing. I LOVE those Scriptures too. It was the reminder I needed.
    Much love,
    ANgela

  2. Kathy says:

    Hear, hear! VERY encouraging. Just as sermons seem crafted specifically for us, blog posts often are too. :-)