Big Storms, Wind and Rain

We had big storms to roll through the area last night. And, for a place that has been experiencing drought, we welcomed the wind and rain.

This morning, when I woke up, I thanked the Lord for the wind and rain He gave us last night. And, then it occured to me...

The storms bring the wind
The wind clears the way
The rain nourishes the soil
And well you know me, here's my take on all of that!!
In my yard, I have green grass again (from the Weeds post last year) but I also had some trash in the yard from my little neighbors (kids). God has blown away the trash in the yard and has provided a soaking rain so that my grass gets the nourishment it needs.

In my spiritual life, the storm winds have been blowing - maybe I need to say howling.... But, I have yielded to the winds knowing that God knows best and will purge me from all that needs to be removed and the things that He wants to stay will take root and grow.

I thank God for the storms last night. The way I see it, they've been beneficial all around. What about you? Can you think of times of storm in your life? If you would like to share, please post a comment. And remember, you don't have to sign your name. You can post anonymously. I am sure should you choose to post, you will bless those that read this blog and help to advance the Kingdom.

Because of Christ,
Sanya

One Response so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    The storm you write about came through our area as freezing rain, sleet, and snow. Some trees are down because of the wind and heaviness of the ice on the branches. Not fun! But like you said, there's blessing in it. We had some things cancelled last night so we were able to just enjoy a cozy night at home as a family with some hot chocolate. Today the sun was out shining on icy, snowy trees and a white earth--simply breathtaking!!