Depend on God

It’s Friday! And, I must admit that it has been a very difficult week for me. But the interesting thing is, through it all, I’ve talked to God at every step and told Him exactly what I was going through. He made it alright for me. In my spirit I had peace.

Well, the enemy was none too pleased with that. So, yesterday, I was suddenly ill to the point where I had to leave work. That was an issue because I have a deadline that I’m working towards. Yesterday was not good timing for illness. But, once again, I ran to the Lord and told Him my concerns and the time constraints that I was working under. He told me to rest, so I rested. Then, I took care of everything that I had previously scheduled. And, as I kept talking to the Lord, I felt better. Last night, even though I stayed up late to get to a good stopping point for the evening with my deadline, I was not sleepy while doing the work and this morning, I feel refreshed on just a few hours of sleep.

So, you see where I am going. Our every dependence should be on God. I don’t know what kind of week you have had. But, I can assure you of this, when you lean wholly on God, He can make even the worst of weeks smell like fresh cut roses to your soul.

Have a great weekend!

One Response so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    That is SO what I needed right now! As I commented a few posts earlier, sickness invaded our household this week too. But today's Friday, all the kids are back at school, the sun is shining, and my heart is shouting "Hallelujah!" Your post is a great testimony of God's faithfulness to the faithful. Thanks.