Palm Sunday


As Christians, we have now entered into our most sacred week – Holy Week, the annual celebration of the events that lead up to Resurrection Sunday (Easter). There is a certain stirring in my soul.

I begin this week excited - just as those that experienced this week were. Yesterday was Palm Sunday. And, although we did not wave palm branches around and create a processional, I still vividly see in my minds eye what it must have been like. My Jesus, riding into town on a donkey to the excited cheers and cries from the onlookers. In my mind, I am there amidst the crowd celebrating Him. Hosanna!

Palm Sunday is personally special to me. I gave my life to Christ on a Palm Sunday. So, each year that rolls around, I celebrate Palm Sunday with a little extra zeal. I thank God for the events that unfolded during Holy Week so many years ago. It still resonates with me today.

What about you? What does Palm Sunday mean to you?

4 Responses so far.

  1. Loved all your posts-I am catching up. How precious it is to have your "birth" day on Palm Sunday! THat is so awesome.
    Much love,
    Angela

  2. Kathy says:

    I agree about the "special-ness" of Palm Sunday and you giving your life to the Lord that day! It's like you joined in with the people in Jerusalem welcoming your Lord! (And I bet there was hootin' and hollerin' at BOTH places!) :-)

  3. Kathy,

    You are right - we really rejoiced!

    Angela,

    Hey! Glad to see you. I stopped over to your blog and I'm praying too!
    <3
    Sanya

  4. Anonymous says:

    I WAS EXTRA EXCITED ON PALM SUNDAY THIS BECASUE IT WAS MY FIRST SUNDAY SBC.. AND IT WAS AMAZING SERVICE MINISTER LEACH DID AWESOME JOB... TO GOD BE THE GLORY