The Value of Communication

I was speaking with a good friend of mine last night. He said something that you don’t hear much from guys – he spoke about the value of communication. I listened while he spoke at length on this topic and had a number of great points. And now, I want to share with you some of the highlights from our little chat – reworded of course, ‘cause I’m wordy....

  1. It is never too late to express how you feel – yet, when you do express yourself, choose your words carefully.
  2. If you cannot express how you feel, and be heard, then that’s a red flag. Sometimes when you talk and the other person doesn’t care about what you have to say, all they hear is blah blah blah (imagine the parents on Charlie Brown cartoons).
  3. Listen to the Lord and be true to yourself. Don’t hide behind excuses. God will give you clarity and in so doing, give you the peace that you need to be able to speak your position in a way that glorifies Him.

That was the gist of our talk. I hope that it encourages someone in some way today.

3 Responses so far.

  1. Kathy says:

    Communication was my major and I don't think I could've put it any better! :-)

  2. Good insight.
    Much love,
    Angela