Cool Your Jets!


I had something rather embarrassing happen to me. In fact, I contemplated whether or not I’d share it with you. But, alas, here I am. Ready to share. This is what happened. I fell. No one was around. I was going about my normal routine – in a rush – and my feet took flight right from under me. I hit the ground hard…and then I slid. I was going down an incline. I got hurt. But, I will survive.

And of course, while I was on the ground trying to gather my composure – I was shaken – I thought about the spiritual applications that could be drawn from this experience. So, here’s the deal…

When we go about our routine things, we should still take the time to do things cautiously and thoroughly such that God gets the glory. God can get the glory out of your doing the most menial of things. It all depends on how you look at it and respond to it. Yet, what happens sometimes is that we get in a rush because we become familiar with the set of circumstances and are caught off-guard when things change.

God wants us to always be alert to our surrounds and to take the time to enjoy the things around us. He does not want us to be so rushed and busy that we neglect the things that He has already blessed us with. He wants us to enjoy Him through these things that He blesses us with.

I don’t know about you – but I am going to slow it down a little bit. Well, I have to right now anyway – I’m still sore! But you know what I mean. Cool your jets and look at the beauty all around you. Now, tell me, isn’t God good!!

3 Responses so far.

  1. Sometimes it is so hard to just slow down. Great post. It is good to just take one step at a time and do all things for the glory of God. I get into so many menial tasks and feel like I am on an assembly line. I am asking God to help me keep that at the forefront of my mind.
    Much love,
    Angela

  2. Kathy says:

    "He will make your paths straight."
    LOL!! Sorry, I couldn't resist. I love life analogies like that. God so cares for us that He uses something like that to show us more of Him. I hope you're feeling better soon!

  3. Kathy - that's a good one! I'm on the mend -thx for the inquiry!